Monday, January 19, 2015

Christmas Eve

I love the Christmas tradition we have created. We will always be at our home for Christmas Eve since David has to work the Christmas Eve services at church so we treat Christmas Eve as if it were Christmas. I make a yummy crockpot the night before and we enjoy a delicious breakfast before opening presents. It has worked out so nicely that my mom has been able to spend the night with us so she is there to open presents with us in the morning. My Nana always  spent Christmas morning with us growing up and I always really enjoyed that so its nice to be able to replicate that with my kids.


We started doing advent with the kids this year. This is us after breakfast centering our thoughts on Jesus before we opened presents.


Ava opening her stocking.


Ben playing with one of the toys he got in his stocking.



Playing with some of the stocking loot!


And now time for presents!


Ava has been into Minnie Mouse lately and as a result she got a lot of Minnie Mouse stuff for Christmas. 


I love this picture of this sweet baby boy!


It was difficult trying to get Ben interested in opening presents. This present was big enough to sit on so that got him pretty intrigued! We are waiting until he is a little older to assemble this toy so he has really been enjoying climbing on and off and sitting on the box and kicking his little legs... Its so cute seeing his little legs and feet swing back and forth! I hope he likes the tool bench assembled as much as he has enjoyed the box!


Ava helping Daddy open his present.


Ava has enjoyed her new books she got for Christmas. Reading with her is one of my favorite things.


Us at Lifepoint's Christmas Eve service. Our church had a live nativity in the foyer and Ava was infatuated with baby Jesus. She was so sad when baby Jesus had to go home. She talked about baby Jesus all night. I think she may have thought baby Jesus was the REAL baby Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment